Optional Music Producer Equipment - Studio Monitors
Listening to music on your computer speakers are great for deep drum kicks and bass, but when trying to make beats your going to need Studio Monitor Speakers to receive the flat frequency response needed.
Starting off making beats is an exciting time. You can create a song with the punchiest bass that kicks through your computer speakers but will it sound as good when played through other speakers?
Probably Not - When you make your music, you need to be listening through a medium that is not enhanced in bass, treble or any frequency. Having a flat response will make your music sound pure so it can be mixed to sound great in speakers, headphones, cars or arena's.
Studio Monitor Speakers are going to be one of the largest parts of your budget. A good set of speakers could set you back £150-£200/$180-$250. However, if you are making beats in your bedroom, then you don't need the largest of speakers.
Second hand speakers are great as they are usually already broken in, and are perfectly fine in condition. Check Ebay to see if you can save money.
Below are the features, Amazon Star reviews of the Studio Monitors and a link to find out more on these products.
Be sure to check out youtube reviews and read reviews on these products to see what is best for you.
KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Active Studio Monitors
- Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion Proprietary waveguide optimized for superior imaging
- 1" Soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity and extended response up to 35kHz High-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste
- Lightweight, glass-Aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange and tight bass Low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics
- Front Firing Port - Low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling Radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction
- Low-resonance enclosure for minimized distortion and colorization Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, ¼", RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment
- Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface Peak SPL : 106dB Frequency Response 45Hz - 35kHz (+/- 2 dB)
Yamaha HS5 Powered Studio Monitors
- 2-Way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 5" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- 54Hz-30kHz frequency response
- 45W LF plus 25W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 70W power amplification
- Room Control and High TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
M-Audio BX8 D2 8-Inch Active 2-Way Monitors
- Bi-amplified recording studio monitor with 130 watts of distributed power
- Class A/B bi-amplification with precision crossover lets each speaker work effortlessly to reproduce your mix with stunning accuracy
- 8-Inch low-frequency transducer with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows
- 1.25-Inch high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides for smooth, clear highs and a wide -Inchsweet spot-Inch
- Rear porting for extended low-frequency response while reducing air turbulence
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
- Balanced XLR and 1/4-Inch inputs let you connect to a wide range of audio sources
Mackie CR4 4 inch Monitor Speakers
- Compact, ultra-portable performance keyboard controller with 25 full-size, synth-action velocity-sensitive keys and on-board pitch bend and modulation wheels
- Eight velocity-sensitive trigger pads for beat production and clip launching, and eight assignable knobs for manipulating virtual instruments, DAW parameters and plugins
- On-board LCD screen provides instant parameter feedback
- Dedicated octave up and down buttons increase the keyboard to the full melodic range and transport buttons
- Innovative direct link automatically maps controls to popular DAWs including able ton live, pro tools, logic, Cubase and more
- Class compliant, plug-and-play functionality and USB powered specification for simple user-friendly setup;
M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 Version II
- Studio-quality design, sound and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment
- Professional-grade components for optimized sonic performance
- All-wood cabinet provides a natural sonic character superior to low-grade plastic designs
- Front-facing headphone jack auto-defeats speaker output and provides tactile headphone volume control
- Includes accessories cables etc